View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013   #60
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Would you rather have $42 mil for 24 contracts COLTS ($1.75 mil per player ) or $8 mil for 15 contracts TEXANS ($500K per player)? This is not a trick question. If you think 2013 is BAD WAIT until 2014. And 2015 is worse.
Of course I would rather have more money to spend. But that's such a simplified view. You have to look at how both teams got here. The Colts blew up the team, tanked a season, and got lucky with a potentially franchise QB, who's getting paid peanuts. I don't think it's fair to compare the Texans to the Colts at this point.

I think it's fair to criticize the Texans talent evaluation, as I mentioned in my previous post, but not cap management. There are no impending dead money disasters IMO, and it's always easier to criticize Cushing contract after tonight. But what if he hadn't gotten injured and walked after the season? He's one of the best players on our D, IMO you had to extend him.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote