View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013   #106
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I posted the missed TD. Another one that sticks out was the floater in the 4th quarter that could have been picked off, but was complete for a two yard gain. He threw a couple balls in the dirt.
The things you listed were not huge mistakes (imo). On the floater to Graham, Keenum had pressure in his face and he threw that ball off his back foot. Graham was wide open on that play, Keenum just has to put more zip on it.

The only time I recall he threw the ball in the dirt was the WR screen to Posey. That play was completely broken. KC read it perfectly and had it been completed it would have gone for -2 yards. The KC defense also had three defenders in the backfield so Keenum didn't have time to find another WR to throw the ball to. I think the smart play is to throw the ball into the dirt there.

Overall I think Keenum did an excellent job considering it was his first start. He made some mistakes and he has to learn to read the blitz better but I think he did good enough to get the start against the Colts and I will be a little disappointed if he doesn't.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote