View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This picture summarizes the Chiefs game

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
You don't follow the texans and interviews a lot do you?

KUBIAK SAID, JUST A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, HE DEOS NOT ALLOW AUDIBLES. HE CALLS THE PLAY EVERY DOWN AND THATS THE PLAY HIS QB IS EXPECTED TO RUN.

The Texans are one of 7 teams in the NFL whose QB is micro-managed like this according to the news. I don't know which teams the others are, but if their record isn't much like this team's record I would be shocked. Micromanagement doesn't work in any environment.
I lament your apparent inability to read and comprehend. LINK

Quote:
Here’s how the Texans’ operate: Schaub has a lot of freedom at the line of scrimmage.

Kubiak said later that Schaub checked the Texans out of “a lot situations” in which the defensive formation wasn’t conducive to what the Texans wanted to run.

When the Texans are in their hurry-up offense, Schaub calls everything at the line of scrimmage.

Otherwise, Kubiak’s system doesn’t utilize audibles that allow Schaub – or any quarterback – to decide what play to call based on the defense.

Kubiak’s comment doesn’t go to show a lack of trust in Schaub at all. People are reading his comment that way, but it’s not the case.

The Texans have predetermined options that are set by the coaches.

Schaub can call two plays in the huddle based on what the coverage might be. He can check out of one and go with the other at the line of scrimmage.
Quote:
Common sense should tell you that if it’s third-and-2 and the defense puts 11 players in the box that Schaub will switch to another play.

On the play in question, once the receiver started in motion, it was too late to check off.

On the bootleg, the quarterback has the option to throw to a receiver, throw it away, run or take the sack.

Schaub chose the worst option.
Schaub, or any other Texans QB, can audible to the optional play(s) sent in from the sideline. No Texan QB can just call a play all willy-nilly.

BTW, I follow the Texans very, very closely and the NFL pretty dang closely. I'm wondering if you're dating a French model you met on the internet. Bon juor and all.