View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 97190 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This picture summarizes the Chiefs game

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Do you guys really think the coaches draw up empty backfield plays and say... "If they blitz, well that's just too tough to overcome. Good play by the defense."

It's up to the OL, QB, and receivers to recognize the blitz and adjust accordingly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
I honestly believe that adjustments would get someone benched by Kubiak.
I might be wrong, but I think dream_team is saying that empty backfields are sometimes used to burn blitzes, not that they're called for and the QB can't audible out of them. I believe I saw two cases of an empty backfield being audibled to today.

Case has some work to do in reading defenses. He did a great job of extending plays and showed a very nice arm, along with touch and accuracy (except on that fade to DHOP in the EZ...should've been beck shoulder).

I think I'm going to retire my Cushing jersey and 2012 AFC South Champions hats. They seem to be bringing the team bad luck as I've been wearing them all year and the Cushing jersey all of last season. Maybe I'll buy a Schaub jersey and try the reverse psychology thing.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote