View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013   #90
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bum Phillips passed away

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
R.I.P. Bum
"An expert is an ordinary fella away from home."
"The only discipline that last is self discipline."
"Two kinds of ballplayers aren't worth a darn: One that never does what he's told, and one who does nothin' except what he's told."
"You don't know a ladder has splinters until you slide down it."
"How do you win? By getting average players to play good and good players to play great. That's how you win."
"Winning is only half of it. Having fun is the other half."
Thank you Sir!
I love me some "Bum-isms" A great one is gone. There'll never be another one like him.

I'm so glad I purchased a signed copy of the book TC turned us onto last summer. I'm looking at it in the bookshelf now. Need to read it again.

A great Texas legend that will be truly missed.

RIP Great One.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote