View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: case keenum dec article

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
There's this mentality in the NFL that you get a starter and you have clipboard QBs who really shouldn't do much more than just maintain and sustain. Why is that? There's a glorification of the NFL QB that I think needs to be put out to pasture and retired. Teams need dynamic production at the QB position.
I know this is an old post & I haven't seen GP around lately, but what he's speaking of here I think is more on the QB, not the coach. The coach wants everyone on his team to want to get better, to want to win a championship, to want to be the starter.

It's my opinion that Tj has gotten comfortable being a back-up, & while he says he wants to be a starter, he had two opportunities to make his case & he failed miserably.

I hope Case acts like he wants to be the starter & he backs it up with his play. Starting @home week 9 isn't his & shouldn't be taken for granted. If I were the coach, that's the way I want it. I want him to prove to me he deserves the start in week 9. As good a QB I think Matt Schaub is right now all that means is don't turn the ball over.

I expect Case to take a few licks Sunday. If he fumbles the ball (whether in the pocket, rolling out of the pocket, or going for the Rosencopter) it's over. I know Schaub will not drop the ball when sacked. If he tosses the ball in very bad situations, if he gets rid of the ball because he's scared, it's over. Matt's only tossed it up once that I know of because he was scared.

Kubiak can win games with a QB who takes care of the ball.