View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013   #152
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
No, but if I went around calling those with a darker pigment of skin than myself "black boys", wonder how that would go over? What offends me is that those who claim to be effected by racism and want to stand up and cry foul every time anything happens to someone from their culture, use this type of terminology. Either we are just human beings, intended to be treated equal, or we aren't. It isn't that one faction of society gets to be treated with kid gloves, and another can be treated with disrespect. Either times change, or they don't. We don't get to reverse the wrongs and everyone go home happy, that has been tried ... and so far doesn't seem to have worked out so well. Awesome song by the way ...
What I love so much about this board/group is that were you to ask many who've met me to describe me, the first thing they'd say is "He's crazy!" then they'd describe my personality and the hair and crap I've said over the years. The BULK of these guys probably would probably forget to mention that I'm black because in the grand scheme of things I don't think many of us in here view each other as "that black guy", "that white guy", "that hot indian/native American chick" or "That Amerasian guy."
Hell if someone asked me to describe Bill, I would describe him as the lovable, scruffy, hard drinking, skirt chasing party animal through whom MANY of us live vicariously. I hesitate to assign Bill to a group because, well... I KNOW no one wants to take responsibility for him. Just kiddin' Bill.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote