Originally Posted by Dread-Head
1. Thank you for enlisting in the Corps after Pearl Harbor and coming home after the war after all the action you saw with Captains bars and a chest full of medals. Semper Fi.
2. Thank you for being a hell of a defensive coordinator and head coach who brought us The Tyler Rose, Dan Pastorini, Kenny Bourroughs, Karl Mauck and the Luv ya Blue era.
3. Thank you for making a kid from South Park in southeast Houston love and want to play the game of football.
4. Thank you for "Knocking on the Door" even though you never got to "kick the sum 3itch in."
5. Thank you for giving me, the City of Houston and virtually everyone on this board a love of the game of football that survived the man who didn't have the balls to call you into his office to fire you taking our team to Tennessee.
Coach were it not for the love of the game that you fostered in this city Bob McNair probably would have never toyed with the idea of bringing football BACK to the 4th largest city in America. For that I and everyone on this board is in your eternal debt and while we can't hope to repay you, we can thank you. We mourn your passing but celebrate your love of this great game. You will forever be "OUR" coach.
I Agree with everything, but #3 (since I am not from that part of Houston) 110%. Thank you sir for finding the words I lacked.
May God be with Wade and his family.