View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013   #38
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bum Phillips passed away

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Coach Bum Phillips is up there with Nolan Ryan as far as local sports legends that were also decent men. I'm sure he lived a full life but This is sad news.
It's sad for those who he left behind, but when I deal with someone's death, I like to celebrate their life instead of just going into morn over their death. What's sad is when someone never reaches their full potential or never maxes out their time while they're here.. Bum far exceeded all of that.

NFL Network just aired a montage of his coaching career and clips of his "Bum-isms", I couldn't help but smile. I'm listening to 610 right now and they suggested that a statue of him should be built outside of Reliant stadium.. and I agree. Cowboy hat and all.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-19-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote