View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013   #134
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who do you want to start at QB this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Really cause if i recall correctly we didnt become a 2 time division winner until wade took over and we got jojo and manning in FA, pretty sure yates got us the actual division and won us our first play off game. Lets not act like our success the last two seasons is all because of Schaub.
Ha! So I see.. It's a team effort when they win, (Wade, jojo, manning, etc.) and Schaub's fault when they lose? Can't have it both ways bro. I know others already answered the exaggeration you made regarding Yates taking the Texans to their first Playoff berth, but I gotta say, you really have your blinders on if you honestly believe that.

Unlike your desire to single out one person when things go wrong, I have never said Schaub was the sole reason this team has won or lost, I just pointed out the discrepancies when people blame all of the teams woes on Schaub. If you are going to fault him when the Texans lose, you also have to credit him when they win. Simple as that.

Quote:
Not saying we won all because of yates, but we did clinch with him at QB and won our first play off game. My whole point was our success was not soley because of Schaub, not to mention most of our failure this season on offense is due to Schaub.
Really? Sure sounded like it to me when you said "pretty sure Yates got us the actual division and won us our first play off game" which of course is NOT true. If anyone deserves credit it would be Kubiak for protecting Yates and keeping him from totally sinking that season. Once Kubiak let Yates off the chain vs. the Ravens, you saw what he was really like. 3 INT's.

Do you not realize how contradictory you sound when on one hand you say Schaub is not the sole reason the Texans have won, then turn around and immediately say that most of failures on offense are Schaub's fault? Hilarious!

Quote:
Clearly Schaub didnt win the play off game, he tried to give it away. Would rate Yates first play off game much better than Schaubs. My point is Schaub has never done well in pressure situations.
Honestly I think your only point is you think Schaub sucks and he was to blame for everything wrong with the Texans, and when the Texans won, it was everybody but Schaub who contributed. As I said above, you cannot blame losses or failure on Schaub and then fail to give him credit when the Texans win.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson

Last edited by Nitrofish; 10-19-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote