View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013   #149
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Apples & watermelons. They're both fruit...but no one with half a brain would ever confuse one for the other.

I'm somewhat bothered by the fact that a certain rap group in the 80s/90s called themselves N:33as With Attitudes and that they and OTHER rap artist used the word "N:gg3r/Ni33a" so much to where it's such a part of the venacular that young white, Asian and Latinos routinely call their friends "My n:33as".
Are you AS bothered by the fact that a funk group from Pittsburgh called Wild Cherry had a hit song whose lyrics stated "Somebody turned around and shouted 'PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC WHITE-B0Y!' ?"
No, but if I went around calling those with a darker pigment of skin than myself "black boys", wonder how that would go over? What offends me is that those who claim to be effected by racism and want to stand up and cry foul every time anything happens to someone from their culture, use this type of terminology. Either we are just human beings, intended to be treated equal, or we aren't. It isn't that one faction of society gets to be treated with kid gloves, and another can be treated with disrespect. Either times change, or they don't. We don't get to reverse the wrongs and everyone go home happy, that has been tried ... and so far doesn't seem to have worked out so well. Awesome song by the way ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote