View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013   #171
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 440 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates vs Case Keenum (Training Camp/Pre season 2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
This just proves what I thought all along, "in a tie, the tiebreaker went to the incumbent". T.J. didn't really outright win the #2 spot and Case never lost it either.

I always felt the spot should've went to Case from the get go though, because if a third year player who's been playing in the same system for 7 years is already being pushed by a 2nd year UDFA who's learning the new system, go with the guy who's making exponential improvement.
i absolutely agree. Keenum moved the offense a lot smoother than Yates did.

That alone should have told them that Keenum's upside is much greater than yates. Looking back on it, we should have traded Yates right before the season started. We could have pried away a draft pick from another team desperate for competent QB play. Not anymore. I dont think we can get any picks for yates or schaub.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote