View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013   #340
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
We could have intelligent conversations about the facts of the game without 30 window lickers screaming hackneyed garbage like "stats is fer duh loosers!" Yes, they almost universally spell it "loosers!"
louzer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
*edit - I just remembered one of the clearest indicators of this kind of crap.

Dunta Robinson's last season with the Texans, this forum was overrun by people who insisted he was the worst corner in the NFL and was constantly thrown at and picked on. I broke down all of the available corner coverage stats and proved with facts that not only was he not being picked on, he was one of the 5 least thrown at corners in the entire league. You know what the response to cold hard facts was? "Stats are for loosers!"
I never thought Dunta was picked on. I thought the league believed the hype & didn't throw on him, another big reason for that was that our other corners were worse than he was. His last year here though, I think Glover was clearly the better CB. McCain was also very good in my opinion even though he was tested more often.

But I never thought Dunta was a good cover corner. I thought he was "good enough" & prevented us from going after a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round corner. It worked out really well for us that Kj struggled his rookie season, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten Jjo, or Brandon Harris (who I'm still holding out hope for).