View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013   #337
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
If I were running the show, the first offensive play would be a PA bomb deep. Make a statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I was actually thinking the same thing.

Yeah , I'd like them to go deep early too .... not to make any kind of statement but more to take the lid off the defense .... DB's all season have been gambling , jumping routes because of the risk vs. reward.

The risk of them jumping those ~10 yard routes if the gamble and lose .... a 10 or 15 yard gain.

The reward of jumping those routes .... a possession for your offense.

If there was a risk of that route jumping turning into a 50 yard gain or a score ... that changes the complexion of taking that risk .... With Schaub under center , the risk is very low that he's going to beat you over the top. With Keenum , I think its very possible this trend is reversed .... and probably one of the things I'm most excited about the possibility of seeing.

I think this may also have something to do with how ineffective the running game has been at different times .... teams can afford to gamble in coverage to support the run without much risk .... not to mention the amount of times Schaub has been blitzed - highest percentage in the league.

All of these things become less attractive options when the risk is amped up.

The entire perception of this offense is likely to change with Keenum under center - much more mobile and a little better arm. If he can play mistake free the dynamics of this offense change.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote