View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013   #62
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question for the anti-Keenum crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Keenum's day is going to live or die behind how Kubiak runs the offense. If he tries to hide the quarterback then we will all be frustrated. I don't know why anyone would think we would open up the offense now. Kubiak is gonna run that same underneath route, two te plodding offense that won't challenge the back end. This is gonna be a runfest with a big serving of 23. Chiefs have struggled vs the run so this gives us our best chance to win so I think we will be pretty darn conservative. If we get behind it's gonna get rough.
I'm not sure what is the best strategy for this game, I haven't seen a lot of the Chiefs. All I know is that they have a very talented and young defense and their secondary is boss (as far as talent).

I do think that Schaub is a huge reason as to why we don't open up the offense. He is just not good at it. His throws don't have a lot of velocity and his deep balls are pretty consistently inside and often under thrown. I'm sure Kubiak knows that, he's seen it more often than we have. We really haven't seen enough of Kubiak without Schaub to know how he will handle things with Case. We've got the players to challenge people downfield. We don't have great speed but Hopkins and Andre both have had success on deep routes, even when the ball is not well thrown.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote