View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013   #310
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Most of that is done at the line of scrimmage. The QB should be able to look at the defense and adjust the play (audible) or whatever they want to do based on what they see. I trust any of our QBs at the line more than I trust the HC on the sideline to see what the defense is giving. Gary Kubiak was a career backup. I understand that he was sitting behind a HoF guy, but I don't think he'd of been starting if he had been on KC with Blackledge or NYJ with O'Brien either. In the MNF loss to Baltimore a few years ago Schaub was actually allowed to take control of the offense in the 2nd half when we were down big. He led us on some great scoring drives and put us into OT. At that point Kubiak took control back and we threw a pick 6 to end the game. Kubiak is under the firm belief that execution alone will win out. There are some circumstances where that's not going to happen and the QB needs to be able to make the adjustment. He is a micromanager to the extreme and that limits this team.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote