Thread: Bad News....
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004   #96
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

it's not something i like to admit, but i have received a dwi ... learned the hard way that i'm too skinny for the 3 drink rule. my penalties included a weekend in jail, 40 hours of community service, a year probation, liscence suspended for 90 days, a pair of mandatory dwi classes, and around $5,000 spent between court costs, fines, probation fees, and lawyer fees. from the folks i have talked to, that was about the average of what punishment they received. it didnt really have any effect on my work but then i'm not celebrity. i would expect about the same punishment for coleman with not much action from the nfl ... coleman knew better than i did & didnt take the breathalizer so he'll plead innocent or no contest and receive some of the above penalties i'd assume (1% chance of any jail time, not gonna happen). i dont think the texans will get on coleman too much but i would think they would try to get coleman to a counselor if for nothing else, public relations.

for reference, something i learned is that you have up to 2 hours to retake the tests and if you're sure you're legal, ask for a blood analysis instead of breathalizer.