View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013   #20
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question for the anti-Keenum crowd

I'm a Texans fan. I don't care about the number or the name attached to the jersey, I'm a Texans fan. If Derek Carr's older brother can come here and win a super bowl, I'm down. I really don't care. If Schaub gets traded to Dallas he will be as close as it gets to my mortal enemy.

I am neither a Case fan or "anti-Case". I said at the outset of the season that if Schaub wasn't healthy that Case was our only hope to win and I stand by that. Yates is a less talented more mobile version of Schaub. If we threaten to start "Schaub or Yates" the defense just prepares for Schaub and doesn't worry about Yates because he is Schaub lite. Case though, is more dynamic. We don't know what he can do but we don't know what he can't do either. I'm excited to see him start and I hope he will do well. I'm not sure what I think he'll do though.

I can remember when we were in the middle of our second season we had a kid come in that a lot of people thought was going to be better than HWWNBN. Of course he started 2 games and after he left Houston he went on to win a league MVP and 10 years later he's a QB coach for our mortal enemies, the Titans. I don't think the offense scored a point in the two games he played for use either.

Boards were lit up with excitement though because people just knew that he was sooo talented. It didn't work. I remember when Moon struggled and everybody want Cody to start.

I'm not saying that will happen to Case. I actually think he's pretty talented and stands a chance to have a better year than Matt if Matt isn't going to regain mobility because our next ESPN commercial might have number 8, a center and a left tackle.

Honestly though, if we don't get our team more disciplined we don't stand a chance against anyone, ergo the Rams game. Maybe THAT was the wakeup call, who knows.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote