View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013   #277
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think the reason is simple - Schaub is hurt and we know what we have in Yates .... Keenum on the other hand is a complete unknown.

Starting Keenum at this point isn't even a gamble .... its win or .... at least we tried.
I hope that's not the reason we're starting Keenum.

I hope we're starting Keenum because the future is now. Back in the preseason QB "competition" thread I stated my belief was that we were on a course to the Super Bowl. Schaub isn't special, but he was good enough to win a Super Bowl. If for whatever reason he got hurt, Tj was going to be able to step in, help us through a few games, then Schaub was going to come back & finish it. Worst case scenario, Schaub & Tj got hurt & the team rally around Keenum and we're still competitive in the play-offs.

I felt there might be some truth to the Keenum is the future at QB for this team. That that was the reason we didn't bring any other QBs in this offseason. That the plan was to prepare him to start next season & continue our dominance of the AFC South.

Then we lost 4 in a row & Tj blew his opportunity. the future is now.

If Keenum wasn't projected to be our future at QB, & he's starting because he can't be any worse than the other guys, this is going to be a long season & not because we'll be playing in January.