View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Question for the anti-Keenum crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I like Keenum but there are a few posters on this board that make him out to be greatly overlooked talent when I doubt that is what is happening. He will have to be fairly spectacular (whether that's fair or not) if he's going to start over an uninjured Schaub.
I think Schaub is good enough to win a Super Bowl. I think he's in a slump right now, but I believe he'll get back to at least his early 2011 form which is consistently better than average. I put him on par with Romo, Ryan, Flacco, & Eli... ring or no ring those guys aren't any different to me... well, they're very different QBs, but you get the same results. Play makers around them have to make plays if their teams are going to win Super Bowls.

& that's all I expect of Keenum, consistently above average. He doesn't have to be consistently above average this year, he's basically a rookie, but he's got to be above average from time to time. However, I hope he inspires the team to go into beast mode that we all know they are capable of achieving. If we ever had a shot at winning a Super Bowl with Schaub, this team is going to have to play a whole lot better than they have at anytime this year... both sides of the ball.

I don't want to see this team consistently give up TDs on drives more than 50 yards, even to the Bradies, Rodgers, Breeses, & Peytons of the league. That's the way a #1 defense plays. We're handing out 90 yard drives to Jake Locker & Joe Flacco....... that can't happen. They start on the other side of the 50, we should expect to give up no points unless it's Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or Peyton & even then shouldn't be more than a FG more often than not.

I want to see us consistently convert 3rd down, especially 3rd & 1... we should expect it & unless we're in the Super Bowl our coach should not have to be in a position where we have to go for it on 4th & 1. I want him to make that decision throughout the season, I just don't want him to have to unless we're in the Super Bowl.

If this team steps it up a notch, I don't care about Keenum's stats other than turnovers. He can't lose games for us. If he gets leveled in the backfield, he can't lose the ball. Schaub is still pretty good about that. He can't throw multiple INTs a game.... He can't make bad decisions like Tj did on both of his INTs (the first one was telegraphed, the second has a poor decision to not set his feet before making that throw).

If this team continues to play the way it has, Keenum can't do anything to convince me not to clean house. Defensive Coordinator, HC, & QB has got to go.