View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #64
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Draft Eligible QB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
That's kind of how i feel about McCarron too. I originally thought fairly high of him b/c the physical tools are there, the mechanics are great, the competition he has faced is great. The big issue i have with him is i haven't seen enough of him with the pressure squarely on him to see how he handles it to really go all the way in for him. Saban does a good job of keeping him out of that role running the ball with that stable of RB's he seems to have every damn year.

I'm starting to back off on Boyd too. seems a little careless with the ball at times..someone mentioned he puts alot of air under his deep balls...kinda agree with that as well. All that can be fixed though. I'll be really tuned in this weekend to see how he handles FSU.

I originally felt the same way about Metenberger although i'm starting to feel he might be the safest pick. Don't really care if can't run like Luck or RG3...just move around in the pocket well and keep your eyes downfield..he's seems to be decent at that.
This is kinda how I view this QB class. Except I'm higher on McCarron than you are. I see McCarron as a Matt Ryan type prospect.

No Johnny Football? LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote