View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #266
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
I look at the upcoming game this way:

Yes, we're all afraid of Case becoming "Kubieized" with dull and lackluster play-calling, but the excitement I am beginning to feel at this point is the ways in which those same plays could/will break down, and it's left to Keenum to work his way out of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not afraid if that at all.

Neither am I. This [quote below] is all I needed to hear. Kubiak will allow Case to play within the system the way the entire system was meant to be played with the right QB..........utilizing not some, but all the facets of the system..........i.e., a mix which includes finesse, deceit, creativity and openness..........the latter two of which we have not seen because of the limitations of the QB.

Quote:
Kubiak (on if he’s talked to QB Case Keenum about when he made his first NFL start) “Case was probably about one year old when I had my last start, so those times are gone. I’ve got confidence in him. I think we all understand Matt (Schaub) is going to help him a lot. Matt and I talked last night and I want him to help him. T.J. (Yates) will help him. He’s got a lot of people, but the bottom line is you’ve got to go play and react. That’s what we trust. We trust his reactions. He’s going against one of the top defensive football teams at their place, all of that. We just want him to go out there and react. That’s the reason he’s on this team because of what he’s capable of doing when he gets in those situations. He’ll get ready to do his part and everybody needs to do theirs.”
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote