View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question for the anti-Keenum crowd

Im not anti-Keenum. I hope he goes out there and plays well enough to make us forget about drafting a QB early in the next draft ....

I just don't have very high expectations. I saw a couple flaws in him during the preseason playing against mostly backups. Now he's going to face what appears to be the best defense in the NFL this season .... in his first ever regular season action.
I think that's a lot to ask and any expectations have to be tempered.

Hope he looks like Drew Brees on his best day ... but don't expect much.

I'd settle for a mistake free game - No INT's , no fumbles while making the right decisions and giving his receivers a chance to make plays .... win or lose.

I think one thing that's key to his success is taking the top off that defense. As it stands now , they aren't afraid of deep balls or big plays. The opposing DB's aren't afraid to gamble and jump routes because the consequences aren't significant - they give up 10 yards and the safety makes the tackle .... big deal , that's a solid risk vs reward for the defender.

They have to make them afraid of giving up 6 points instead of 10 yards .... and I really don't believe Schaub was capable of making the throws that increase the risk for the defense which is why we haven't seen them. If Keenum is .... that changes the dynamic of this entire offense.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote