View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #185
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I guess my humor isn't always recognizable. I am a HUGE Keenum fan. But you and others that have said pretty much the same thing are right. This Sunday we find out if our 3rd QB is going to make it. Because we've already seen the 1st two aren't. Schaub is outlived his stay in Houston, TJ isn't going to be a starter. All that's left is to check out Keenum so we'll know where to draft a QB next year.

That said, GO KEENUM!
I did see the humor. I think it's a great move. I'd rather start him now and see how he handles the environment than give him a start against St. Mercy's school for blind orphaned pussycats (aka Jacksonville) have him destroy them and then be blindsided against the Broncos, Patriots, or Colts. The best rise up when the challenges are tougher. Look what Brady did against the suddenly good Saints D in the waning minutes last week.

I dislike Kubiak with a venomous passion, but if Keenum saves his job and salvages this season I'm good with it. I spent too many years watching the postseason wishing we could be part of it. The last 2 years have given us just a taste and I don't want to miss it again.

edit: I don't dislike Kubiak the person. I just don't like him as the head coach. He's a very good man from what I have seen and the one time I've had a chance to meet him.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote