View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #77
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What does Keenum have to do to convince you he's the guy going forward?

I'm a fan of his right now because he's the unknown factor. We don't know what we have in Keenum. IMO he's the guy for the rest of the season no matter how he plays Sunday. You need to see what you have in him.

Schaub is 32, has had some lower limb injuries and that's limited his once pedestrian athleticism. He's not going to magically get more mobile or have a stronger arm.

Yates is still young, but he hasn't shown that he's progressed over the past season and a half. If anything, based on his performance against the Rams, he's regressed. Still, while I love that he stepped in as a rookie, made some plays, and got us our first taste of that wonderful thing called the postseason, I think his ceiling is serviceable backup. He could pinch start for you and be able to hand the ball off a lot while making a few throws. He's not going to become the next Tom Brady for us. I'm not saying Keenum is, but we know Yates isn't.

Keenum is a mystery. I'm not a UH guy and I'm vehemently anti-Kubiak, but I want so much for Keenum to come in, light up the Chiefs and become the QB that we need. If he isn't the guy then at least we'll know and we can look at a 1st round QB to be our salvation.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote