View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #114
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who do you want to start at QB this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
You accused me of chery-picking 3rd and 11 as if the Texans didn't throw well short of the chains on 3rd and 10, 3rd and 9, 3rd and 8, 3rd and 7...

If the Texans were converting those with the needed YAC, we wouldn't be ranked #17. I'm not cherry-picking, I'm commenting on a trend. Similar to the 3rd and long-let's-run-it-up-the-middle trend of which Kubiak is the worst offender.

Speaking of 3rd and 11, this isn't something new, the Texans were 4th in the league at number of 3rd & 11+ LAST year. Averaged over 2012-2013, the Texans move up to third. Conversions are near the bottom @27. Link Link

Hell, let's look at Schaub's last game and 3rd down passing, bearing in mind that he was looking better than usual:

##2nd QTR 9:00 3rd and 9 Matt Schaub pass complete short left to Keshawn Martin for 7 yards (tackle by Janoris Jenkins)

**2nd QTR 2:05 3rd and 5 Matt Schaub pass complete short middle to Andre Johnson for 15 yards (tackle by Matt Giordano)

##2nd QTR 0:59 3rd and 8 Matt Schaub pass incomplete deep right intended for DeAndre Hopkins

##3rd QTR 13:51 3rd and 10 Matt Schaub pass complete short middle to Garrett Graham for 5 yards (tackle by Rodney McLeod and James Laurinaitis)

An incompletion, two short of the sticks, one First down.

Yates?

##3rd QTR 2:55 3rd and 12 T.J. Yates pass complete short right to Arian Foster for 7 yards (tackle by Alec Ogletree and Trumaine Johnson)

##3rd QTR 1:28 3rd and 6 T.J. Yates pass complete short middle to DeVier Posey for 3 yards (tackle by William Hayes)

##4th QTR 8:11 3rd and 5 T.J. Yates pass incomplete short left intended for Arian Foster

**4th 1:04 3rd and 4 T.J. Yates pass complete short right to Ryan Griffin for 10 yards (tackle by Jo-Lonn Dunbar)

**4th QTR 0:25 3rd and 2 T.J. Yates pass complete short middle to Ryan Griffin for 8 yards (tackle by Jo-Lonn Dunbar)

How cute - Two 1st downs in the final 1:04. An incomplete and two short of the sticks before then.

I said that throwing short of the sticks is common and not just for the Texans which is a fact. You threw out a 3rd and 11, the conversion % for the nfl is rather low for those 3rd and long distances also fact. The texans at midde of the pack on 3rd down conversions

Now I was expecting you to show me where I said the texans were above average as you claimed, you couldnt do that. I wonder why?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote