View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #59
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Don Banks: Kubiak appears to be out of answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I like this exercise. For perspective, over the same period of time:

Pats:
Mean: 12.6 wins
Median: 12 wins
Mode: 12 wins

Colts:
Mean: 10.6 wins
Median: 12 wins
Mods: 12 wins

Packers:
Mean: 10.6 wins
Median: 11 wins
Mode: 11 wins

Ravens:
Mean: 10.3 wins
Median: 11 wins

Steelers:
Mean: 10.1 wins
Median: 10 wins

Giants:
Mean: 9.4 wins
Median: 9 wins
Mode: 8, 9, 10 wins (2 each)

I don't think any view of Kubiak's performance should be lessened by the 2006 season. Frankly, it was one hell of a coaching job to get six wins out of that team he inherited. Between the cap situation they were in and the incredible lack of talent, remove that season from view and then analyze the data.

I think critics of Kubiak have a good point. I don't have too many issues with his performance as head coach through 2009. However, he made a number of costly decisions that directly led to the 2010 cliff- all of them avoidable (and he had plenty of head coaching experience at that point. I thought he did a very good job in 2011, both before Schaub was injured and keeping things moving with Yates. In 2012, he did an average job, IMO, with the talent around him and the circumstances. This year, we are staring at a cliff again. It appears we may waste a great opportunity (this is the healthiest and most talented team we have had). If he doesn't right the ship and get this team playing well and into the playoffs, I do not disagree that he would "deserve" to be fired.

Personally, I am a big fan of Kubiak and don't want it to happen. Still, if the season continues to disappoint, I can't make a good argument on his behalf. I would expect McNair will make the move if that happens. My hope, then, is that McNair does not hire Wade but goes and gets a strong leader with vision. I like Wade as a D.C., but we would be saddled with the same problems... Wade is not a difference-maker on game day, and he does not have the dynamic vision that Kubiak lacks, IMO. Even more important, his coaching circle, from which his staff would be built, is certainly nothing to be excited about either!