View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #84
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre's thoughts on Keenum

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
We run the ball quite nicely between the 20's. When we enter the red zone, Kubiak's Dennys menu calls for arse holes to pucker and clench, and we become team Field Goal* (*if Chubs can get the ball between the uprights).

The run game has gotten better and probably isn't an issue right now...it's the "OMG WE'RE IN THE RED ZONE" Conserviak playcalling that's killing any sort of momentum (all deference to Bill Barnwell) we have. Predictiak just starts clenching up, especially if the running game can't get it done in the RZ. Run, run, pass 5 yards behind the first down marker, bring out Chubs and pray.

Meh. This team is not only depressing, they're BORING.
I agree with you that Kubiak's offense in the redzone isn't the most creative, but it is effective. It is effective as long as the team doesn't make mistakes, and the offense has been making mistakes galore! We were #8 in the league in regards to redzone/TD percentage, until the Rams game. In the Rams game we got to the redzone alot (6 times I believe), but shot ourselves in the foot in each trip.

We need to simply clean up our own mistakes and I think we'll be a good redzone team.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote