View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #56
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Don Banks: Kubiak appears to be out of answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I don't know who said the Texans have to get to the divisional playoff game every year to be successful; it wasn't me anyway. The original discussion was about being a consistent winner or threat. To summarize the record of the Kubiak Texans for his seven complete seasons:

Mean (average wins): 8.4 less than half of a game above .500
Median: 8 wins.
Mode (most common records): two each for 6-10 and 8-8.

This has been an average team, and this season is trending toward 8-8 or worse. It isn't about making the divisional playoffs for me. A successful team should be above average, or I don't understand how "successful" is being used. All of the win/loss stats point to just average and usually missing the playoffs. That is not a successful regime, even though they had a very successful season last year.
I like this exercise. For perspective, over the same period of time:

Pats:
Mean: 12.6 wins
Median: 12 wins
Mode: 12 wins

Colts:
Mean: 10.6 wins
Median: 12 wins
Mods: 12 wins

Packers:
Mean: 10.6 wins
Median: 11 wins