View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #29
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: And the hits just keep on comin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Big deal.

It could mean that the opponents only managed to get to our redzone four times and they scored 3 TDs.

Other teams may have a lower percentage, but they got burned by long bombs before the opponents get to the red zone.

It's better to combine everything on the field to come to a final conclusion.
Here's why it's a big deal and why I tried finding the stat. Coming into last week's game or the game prior, I heard a stat that the Texans D allowed 10 TDs in 11 red zone visits by opposing teams this season. That's a rather alarming number of red zone trips resulting in TDs, not the 3 out of 4 you were hoping it could mean.

Granted, the D has been working with short fields, but anyone watching this year's D can tell something is wrong. They'll play well for spurts, then just give up the booty on the next series.

With the offense, it's easy to point fingers at the QB position, RT and coaching as being piss poor, but where has our D gone? In two years...TWO YEARS, our D has gone from being dominant to a jekyl and hyde group of players who are really playing some bad ball.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote