View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #79
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre's thoughts on Keenum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
If it was ME - and I realize Kubiak and I aren't the same person, I would -

Start TJ Yates this Sunday, unless he just plays so awful at practice that my hand is forced. My reasoning is, I'd rather put a player out there with some NFL experience under his belt out there in the middle of Arrowhead against an unbeaten team. To throw Keenum into the ring in that situation would be to almost want him to fail. That's a tough spot for a dude who's never started an NFL game.
Unfortunately, I agree. If I'm sending a backup to the slaughter, it's going to be TJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
We should run the ball 75 % of the time. Case Keenum is going to be fine. Hopefully our defense plays well and our special teams doesn't suck too bad. If the Texans get an early lead we can play our game and not worry about the crowd noise or their pass rush.
23rd rushing Defense, it might stand a chance. It's easier to defend the run when you don't have to fear the pass though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Here are TJ's first start numbers vs. Atlanta in 2011: Texans won 17-10

12-25, 48%, 188 yards, 7.5 average, 1 TD, 3 sacks for 13 yds., 2 rushes for 10 yards.

Nothing special, but I remember when he was brought in during the Jacksonville game I was thinking, 3rd string QB in, season is over. Well his numbers were not great, but he got us into the playoffs.
True, I was happily surprised. Unfortunately, this one is on the road at Arrowhead, not the cozy confines of Reliant. Kubiak is 2-0 vs. the Chiefs, Andy Reid is 3-0 vs. the Texans. Something has to give.