View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013   #110
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Coaching Leadership, would like to see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
1st of all, they won 2 games with Hoyer..the 3rd game against Buffalo when he got injured halfway through the 1st quarter, Weeden came in and played the rest of that game..In any event, it's hardly a substantial body of work to determine that making the move to Hoyer was the right move. The other end of that is the move back to Weeden was only made b/c Hoyer got hurt...not the same situation.

And hate to break it to you, but making the move to Keenum is the last move he can make....the last new move to give this team the proverbial "spark" everyone wants anyway. People want Schaub benched b/c he's not playing well....Ok, bring in Yates...he doesn't play well & people want him benched....Ok, bring in Keenum...what move are you gonna make if he plays just as bad or worse than the 2 prior to him? What, you're gonna go back to 1 of the other 2 bad qb's you benched him for & promise "this time it's gonna be different!" yeah, i'm not taking you seriously as player at that point...if i didn't stop taking you serious prior to that.

It's the very reason why coaches are so hesitant to make qb changes during the season unless they have the clear heir apparent on the sidelines...& those guys usually are 1st-2nd round draft picks the team took the year prior. & sorry to break it to you guys but Keenum isn't in that category, he's just the alternative fans are grasping for straws at b/c they haven't seen him play in the regular season yet..

I'm gonna dismiss the numbers you put for Yates..he was a rookie & all things considered he performed admirably. Last week, he was put in a bad situation.

The comparisons to Christian Ponder.....Hey, that's what happens when teams get film on you. Ponder started out great last year....If i recall, he didn't throw an int for the 1st 3 games. teams got film on him, started figuring out his tendencies, game, set, match. It happens to every qb in this league....& it will happen to Keenum. Ultimately i'm not confident he'll be able to sustain any good play for the long haul.
And to add to it,people forget about the playoff win or the win vs the falcons or the game winning drive vs the bengals. Nah,don't brng that up,it doesn't matter. None of it. The bomb thrown in stride to aj vs the bengals,the pinpoint pass to jacobe in which they got a pi,nor the scramble that put them in position. No we just want case cuz he got it and showed it in preseason! Man I tell you,lol