View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013   #48
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: What does Keenum have to do to convince you he's the guy going forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
It will be obvious whether Keenum is doing well or not regardless of wins and losses. Can't hold him accountable for drops, bad defense, bad o-line etc.

It will be obvious if he is making quick and anywhere near correct decisions.

So I don't need tons of stats necessarily. Just mostly clean games, with deeper throws, not going fetal in the pocket and keeping drives alive.

Keenum needs to be given the same chance any first year starter would with enough rope to hang himself should that be the case. I can already sense the knee jerk people out there just frothing at the mouth for that first pick to scream SEE! SEE! I TOLD YOU SO!!

fap fap fap
Why can't you hold him responsible for those things? Why does he get a pass? If you hold Schaub responsible for those things, you hold Keenum responsible for them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I dont blame gary for Matt's ill performance.

The hate? Its more like the reality check. If Case comes in and wins out there would be no one happier than myself because whoever suits up for the Texans I will be pulling for. The amount of love and froth around Case is well beyond what he deserves
This is more or less how I feel. And yea there is allot on fan boy Keenum stuff going on for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
What does Keenum have to do to convince you he's the guy going forward?

Out of the three QBs on our roster, he basically only needs to NOT be Schaub or Yates.
Looks like he's got that covered, so I'm convinced that he's the guy going forward (out of our current three).
lol, is this a serious post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
To be fair to Case, I think if Kubiak didn't bring him in, he still would've got a invite to someone else's camp. Just because he was undrafted doesn't mean he wouldn't of got a opportunity in the NFL somewhere else if Houston didn't bring him in, so Kubiak is more like the first coach to give him a chance.

He's maximized his opportunity and went from basically just a camp arm, to earning his way onto the practice squad, to then earning a roster spot. He was given a chance here, but he's earned everything else that's happened since and the fact that we're even talking about him possibly starting at some point this season is quite a achievement for a UDFA QB. Just to get to this point he's already beaten incredible odds.. hopefully he keeps beating them.
Wait, you guys have gone on and on about how Gary is too loyal, and in the good ol' boy network, then you say Case earned his spot? Can't have it both ways. He is only here because he is the hometown boy just like Kubiak, and it does not mean he would have gotten a chance anywhere else either. Just more hope and wishful thinking I suspect.

For me he needs to Exceed expectations, and not these "We can't hold him accountable for this ir that type expectations. Some of you are portraying this kid as the next coming of Drew Brees so he would need to live up to that kind of play in my mind. Make the magic happen game in and game out and I am on board.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote