View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: UPDATE: Danieal Manning on IR

[quote=CloakNNNdagger;2229955]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post

link

Hradhak,

Evidently, the Texans don't want the findings released. The story of the MRI AND CT scan make little sense. As usual, we are given little information to go by.

First thing you think of with a knee hyperextension is the PCL (posterior collateral ligament) and/or the ACL. Now, if the report of no ligament damage is accurate, I'm starting to believe there may be a stress or otherwise tibial (possibly plateau) fracture or a fracture involving a bone fragment attached to a knee ligament (which could be technically be referred to as "not having any ligament tears"). None of these would involved a return to play in less than 2 months, and probably more realistically longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Manning will undergo surgery on Friday.
The Texans have now volunteered that Manning suffered a "cracked bone in the knee." This is what I posted as my impression when they reported that there was no ligament damage and it was a "serious knee injury."

It can have some serious implications since it goes through and damages the joint cartilage of the knee joint. Our OT Spencer was a victim of multiple (comminuted) fractures of the tibial plateau........this was an example of the worse kind of this type of injury.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote