View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Andre's thoughts on Keenum

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I think Case starts.

I think if Yates was undoubtedly going to be the starter they wouldn't even bother him sharing snaps with Case. The fact that Case is even a question at this point as a 3rd string QB means that Kubiak is giving it serious question.

I mean if Yates is truly the 2nd string QB then this is his job, no doubt about it...so why split the practice time? I think it's under more serious consideration and now other players getting behind Keenum and Yates previous play has only helped.
Let's imagine you've got to put a football team out on the field to play come Sunday. You must be prepared to finish the game, even if a player gets hurt. So you've got to prepare the starter, then you've got to prepare your back up.

At WR, for instance. Keyshawn Martin gets snaps at both the Y & the Z position. If something were to happen to either Andre or DeAndre, Keyshawn becomes a starter. With that in mind, Keyshawn takes first team snaps during practice. Andre & DeAndre gets most of them. Keyshawn probably gets as much, since he is preparing for two positions.

In the case of our QB..... even before our game week 1, game, our #1 & #2 QBs split snaps. Schaub got most of them, Tj got quiet a few. Case led the scout team. None of the snaps he took prepared him for coming into a regular season game. That makes sense, since he wasn't expected to see any part of a regular season game.

Now, the fate of our starting QB is in question. We don't know if he's going to be able to play. In the event that he can't start the game & something prevents Tj from finishing the game, we need to be prepared to send someone out there & "play" QB. Since Keenum is the only other QB on our roster, he gets the nod.

Kubiak said he's got to prepare both of his young QBs for Sunday's game. We assumed that meant Case may get an opportunity to start. It's possible (far fetched, I know) that he meant he's got to prepare Tj to start & Case to be a back up.

Crazy idea, I know... but stranger things have happened.