View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013   #56
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who do you want to start at QB this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
How come when Andrew Luck, or Peyton Manning, or Tom Brady make a come back it is heralded as a good thing and a feather in their cap, but when Schaub does it, it is a bad thing? I agree that the Texans have not played like a serious Super Bowl contender, (except 2nd half of Chargers game, and 1st half of Seahawks game) but that is a good thing. It means they can only go up from here, that there is still hope they can finally play a full 60 minutes and put all 3 phases of the game together.

I was excited to see those come back wins, it showed the team had guts, and could overcome adversity with mental toughness and elite play. What if's work both ways bro. We could just as easily be 6-0, but we are not, so let's stop pretending the season is over because the Texans did not start fast.

The Texans could still win the division and make the playoffs. Just need to play like we know they can... as a team. Not one guy trying to do it all. Keenum running around trying to be the messiah will become a disaster. It's no secret what defenses will do against Keenum. They will blitz their asses off nearly every down, and if he does not make them pay, he will eventually make a rookie mistake and turn the ball over.

They will also disguise coverage, and it is just a matter of time before they force a turnover due to confusion by the young player. Now maybe Keenum is the next Drew Brees, but then again, Brees did not ball out on his first game, nor his first season. It took him time to gain the wisdom he needed to become elite.

Conventional wisdom says go with what you know so you can minimize the amount of mistakes your team makes, because turnovers kill you, which we have seen in the last 5 weeks. If you keep turning the ball over, I don't care who you have back there. You are going to lose. Keenum's skills are unproven against NFL talent, so saying he has the skills is just hype. The jump from College to the NFL is HUGE bro. Instead of one or two guys on a team that are fast, and good, every position is faster, bigger, stronger and better than anything he has every faced. The best of the best college players.

The OL has been struggling for a few years now, but Schaub has gotten by and won allot of games anyway. Historically Schaub has been excellent at protecting the football even with the poor line play more often than not, and those 4 games he played so badly and turned the ball over are just an anomaly, not a trend IMO. Keenum is not ready. I sure hope he proves me wrong if they start him. I will be cheering for him to succeed if he gets the start, unlike those who cheer for Schaub to do poorly so they can say "See I Told You So".

I'm not saying you are one of those people bro. Just saying they exist, and are more concerned with being right than watching the Texans win.
How has that worked out for us so far ?