Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013   #720
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
No...they arent....he still has this tendency....he has an over-reliance on his athleticism.....plays that have to be made 7-10 yards, it's highly likely he's taking off and running to convert them. That's cool in college..you can get away with it when you're one of the best athletes on the field...Look at that drive above...4th and 7 when they had to have a conversion....he took off.

"hung in the back" is not the same as standing tall in the pocket.....i remember that play well..he was waaayy in the back and any time anyone remotely made a step to him he was setting up to bail....watching the rush a little too much. Any time anyone gets close to him he's pretty much bailing out of the pocket. The mere fact you had to throw that whole explanation in there illustrates my point. If he proliferates that tendency in the
NFL teams will conspire to keep him in the pocket and make him beat them throwing....maybe he can learn to...who knows...his mindset has to change though.

He's got VY syndrome..."oh....well i can get that running...not worried about these guys being able to catch me..." Well, there's alot of guys up there who can catch you...

Jeff Garcia is his ceiling...tops......and that's if he gets into the right system, with the right coach and he learns to think pass 1st instead of run.....hey thats good right?
After Serderius Bryant got injured, they showed a replay of that 4th and 7 rushing conversion using the overhanging camera from right behind Manziel. For a moment you got to see what Manziel would have been seeing.

All his receivers were covered. Manziel had three options - throw it into coverage and risk a pick or an incompletion that would result in a turnover, throw it out of bounds and turn the ball over, or pick up 7 yards rushing.

Would you rather have Texas A&M turn the ball over on downs? It was a do-or-die play and you're criticizing him for making it by himself, especially when there was no other way?

If Andrew Luck did the same thing on 4th and 7 we would have all been rah-rahing about how clutch he is. You're arguing using preconception.