View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013   #22
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: And the hits just keep on comin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Numbers and stats are for blind people who cant think for themselves.
Wait... what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The Texans suck in the red zone on both sides of the ball this year. It's pathetic really.

And our special teams never seem to get out of the red zone on kickoffs.

It's obvious: the Texans are allergic to the red zone in all phases of the game.
It sure seems that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Zone blocking teams are notoriously poor in the red zone since they don't have drive blocking type linemen for the most part. ZBS teams are full of feet guys...guys good in space. On defense, as we all know, we don't need no stinkin' large NT.
Wait... Didn't Foster have 15 touchdowns last year? Does not really fit your narrative. The Texans are not getting inside the 5 very often. Think we are last in that category so I don't think it has anything to do with the zone blocking, but rather they cannot get inside the 5 to make it happen.

Looking at the poor run defense against the Rams, it is clear we need a big space eater. Would have been nice to get Poe, but can't get everyone you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Perhaps there's something that the Texans marketing department could do to lend a hand? Maybe they could rename it "The Battle Red Zone" and give out little red towels to wave whenever the Texans are in it. Then we could get the band "Simply Red" to write and perform a song that the team could play whenever they got into said "Battle Red Zone" (Hey it makes as much sense as bringing Vanilla ****ing Ice in to play on "Everybody wear white day"). The concessions would offer a special discount on Big Red and Killians Red while the team was inside the 20's.

No?
I'm with you bro. Sounds like a great idea!

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote