View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013   #49
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 75928 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Who do you want to start at QB this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
First of all, I think its moronic to split the snaps. Pick a friggin' QB and give him ALL the snaps. Prepare ONE guy. Give him a fair shot, not the half the practice snaps Peyton Manning gets' kind of shot. I mean really...ugh. Why even throw a hurt Schaub vs this front 7 at their place? He's not limping enough? The Chiefs had 10 sacks last week.
Agreed! Just PC nonsense. The waffling suggests he still wants to start Schaub IMO. Even more important especially if it is Keenum Kubiak plans to start facing that pass rush. Although even though I think the Texans line has been struggling, they are still better than the Raiders line. Don't think you will see 10 sacks against the Texans.

Two completely different game plans to prepare for depending on whether you start Yates or Keenum. Going to have to move Keenum around if he is starting. Not so much with Yates, or Schaub for that matter if the OL does their job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Given that we've lost 4 games in a row with Schaub as the starter, does that mean we're looking at a 2-14 season? If he's our best chance, we're in deep trouble. That argument is all the justification I need to start Keenum. If Keenum (or Yates) starts the next 4 games & we lose all of them, how does that hurt us more than the path we're currently heading down? My thinking is that with Keenum, we might surprise someone & win 1 or 2 of those games just because there isn't any tape on him yet. Either that, or it's just wishful thinking on my part. I'm just tired of losing during a season when everyone (outside of Houston) was annointing us a serious Superbowl contender. The excuses have to stop at some point.
Ok wait.. so by that logic when Schaub won 2 in a row to start the season he should have won at least two more in a row, right? See what I did there? What you are saying is that because Schaub was the QB during a 4 game losing streak, that he will continue to lose. 2-14? Exaggerate much? How do you jump from 2-4 to 2-14?

How does it hurt more if we lose the next 4 with Yates or Keenum? Simple. Odds are Schaub would not lose another 4 in a row, that is just you and others being dramatic. History tells us Schaub can move the ball and win. The same cannot be said for Yates or Keenum, but especially Keenum who has no NFL history. He is a 3rd string UDFA for a reason. So extrapolating that the Texans will continue to lose unless we make a QB change is nonsense. Schaub has proven he can win. But the TEAM needs to play better, not just Schaub.

Yea sorry, but IMO it is wishful thinking on your part as well as others. None of us want to lose no matter what anyone outside of Houston is saying, but it happens. Stop believing the season is over for the Texans. It's not. If they can get back to winning like we all know they can (Yes even with Schaub at the helm) then they are only 2 games back of the division leader who will most likely lose to the Broncos this weekend. If the Colts lose and Texans win it changes things dramatically. We go into the bye only 1 game out of first place, and then the Texans face the division leader Colts after the bye in Reliant, and if they win that game, the Texans are in first place in the AFCS and 2-0 in the division.

It's understandable to lose faith after a 4 game slide, but Schaub was not the only player out there for those 4 games. The team as a whole played terribly in all phases of the game during that stretch, and even more so against the Rams. But there has to be a bottom, and I think that was it against the Rams.

It's perfect timing for the Texans to start playing good ball now, and peak at the right time this year instead of fast out of the gate, then fizzling at the end of the year. When the Texans are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, that is when you start experimenting, not until then unless forced to by injury to your starting QB.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote