View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What does Keenum have to do to convince you he's the guy going forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
What Id like to know is if he starts what would have to happen for the Case crew to fold and say he cant play. I imagine if he gets game time any bad play will be explained away for a million reasons other than Case being Case
Kubiak will get blamed if Keenum does not live up to expectations.

Nevermind the fact that Kubiak is the only coach in the NFL to give him a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Let's say he finishes out the season. Would you be happy with the stats of another QB who started in his 2nd year?

W/L 50%, 60.8 % comp., 1:1 TD:INT, 6.2 ypa, 205 ypg, 76.9 QB rating.

Would that be good enough for you to anoint him for next year or would you still be looking for a new starter?
They have to keep looking for a starter, IMO. The only way to know that Keenum is "The Man" is if he steps up and does more than just manage games. He's going to have to exceed expectations and do 'magic' things for this team, like inspire them to greatness and climb out of the hole they have dug for themselves this season.

If he comes in and is just better than Schaub and Yates, I think the franchise needs to keep looking, if for nothing else to challenge the position in the off-season and give some competition for the job.

As a Texans fan, I hope he does it with all my heart and soul. I sincerely wish he takes this team to the playoffs this year, even if it means saving Kubiak's job.

That said, hope and reality are often at odds. Battle between the heart and mind sort of thing. I hope for the best, but I'm prepared to see a 3rd string QB with no experience get baptized by fire in one of the toughest stadiums in the NFL (should he get the start). It could get ugly. Fast.