View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013   #142
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kubes is fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i wasnt his biggest fan when he was here, but looking back our offense definitely seemed a bit different during kyle's tenure. i think that's what we need - someone who's in tune with our staff and can work within the scheme, but someone who also does things with his own style. kubiak obviously gets repetitive and kyle broke him out of his ways just enough to improve our passing game. it's gotten stale again and needs a change, someone to shake things up a little.
I think Shanahan was only more Kubiak rewarding his friends and any limited success had more to do with Eric Winston, Demeco Ryans, Jacoby Jones, Neil Rackers, Lawrence Vickers, Joel Dressen, Jason Allen, Mike Brisel and Mario Williams being on the team rather than Mike Shanahan's son being the OC. There is also an argument for the reason the Texans are not as successful today is because they've never been able to replace Eric Winston, Demeco Ryans, Jacoby Jones, Neil Rackers, Lawrence Vickers, Joel Dressen, Jason Allen, Mike Brisel and Mario Williams with equal or better quality talent. And why is that? The last 4 years the Texans have had their hands tied and their backs up against the salary cap wall.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote