View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013   #89
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Coaching Leadership, would like to see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Assistant coaches under Mike McCarthy who became NFL head coaches:

Joe Philbin, Miami Dolphins (2012 present)

Assistant coaches under Mike McCarthy who became NCAA head coaches:

Jeff Jagodzinski, Boston College (20072008)
So I was wrong, he does have a tree. & I like what's happening in Miami.

Quote:
But I think you are missing my point. Kubiak does not hire assistants that might challenge his job.
I think both Wade & Sherman could have challenged for his job.

Quote:
Your homerism is cute and all, but sometimes it completely fails in the face of logic and facts.
It's not about homerism, it's about establishing the logic & the facts. I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't know McCarthy's coaching tree included Joe Philbin. & Mike McCarthy is more of an apples to apples comparison than Fassel, as they both got their first HC gig in 2006, had the same amount of time to develop coaches, & dealt with the same NFL "atmosphere."