View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013   #27
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 79189 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Don Banks: Kubiak appears to be out of answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Wade is easily the best thing that happened to the Texans and Gary. He completely changed the defense and picked up Watt. He was pretty much the turning point. That just goes to show how much he saved Kubiak's job. I am in no way condoning him for HC, by the way. I just remember when Wade was hired for DC how pissed I was initially because I knew Kubiak was going to be still around. Looks like my gut was right all along. Stupid gut.
Agreed 100%. I wasn't happy either but was willing to play the "wait and see" game. To me it was an experiment to see if 2 solid coordinators (minus a head coach) could win.

I think we can say "limited success" is the result. The conclusion is you MUST have a good head coach to go far no matter how good the coordinators are.

Gary needs to go back to just being a coordinator somewhere and take some time off before that to come up with some new material because what he's got now is predictable and played out.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote