Thread: AP son beaten
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #99
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AP son beaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
I was married at 17 years old because my girlfriend got pregnant. We stayed married for 22 years, not because we were hopelessly in love and the world was all wine and roses, but because we made a commitment and stuck to it. We divorced the year after our third and last child graduated high school. Being married so young, for the wrong reason was very difficult, but you have to be willing to put forth the effort. To make the sacrifices and insure that the children are the focal point.

That what is wrong with marriage it seems nowadays. People have kids, then still just focus on themselves and go about trying to live their dream. What about the kids? Who is protecting and training the kids?

That was an easy answer in my marriage, the parents were. They were protected, they were loved, and they were trained and educated well, and all three have become fine young adults.
Your message is a good one for the most part, but I don't agree that a parent can't still go after their dreams after they have children. I think you take care of the health and well being of the child along with the rest of your family, but that doesn't mean that you can't chase your own dreams still.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote