View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover 2014 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I would agree with that. You got me thinking to dig a little deeper, not so much into Mettenberger but Farve. Here is an interesting sidebar from Kiper 91 "Draft Report."

Also in regards to Farve arm strength & mobility -

In retrospect, does it really matter where you grade a prospect who you believe is a cornerstone (like Watt/Cushing/Brown) piece & get you over the top? Started this mock thread with Dane Brulger selecting him for Texans #17th but rated 41st overall & I don't have to tell anyone who reads this its still early in process & players will move up & down sometimes a lot between now & April. In the end I could see Mettenberger with a strong showing make his case as a legitimate starting NFL QB worthy of top 10 consideration, despite limited mobility. For a change I could see LSU beat Alabama & a big reason is Mettenberger, we'll see if he can carry his team over a well oiled Sabin machine & Manziel's Aggies. Plenty left to prove, it's early, I think Kubiak returns, not sure about Schaub?
Gary HC for life = Johnny Football starting QB in 2014 = Aggies keep filling up the stands and buying their new Johnny Footbal Texans jerseys so that Uncle BoB keeps on making his $$$$$.

See how easy that was. As I was told by another poster we as fans dont deserve anything and should be willing to accept whatever product BoB decides to put on the field. That's if we're true fans.

I will never understand why winning isn't THE MOST important thing to a fanbase. (It isn't to some, Looking at you Dale Murphy/Surreal McCoy) Winning may not be everything, but winning sure is alot more entertaining than the crap that BoB/Rick/Gary sold the fans as Lombardi contenders this yr. Football is in the entertainment industry?????
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote