View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Don Banks: Kubiak appears to be out of answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I know Bob McNair wanted Kubiak to be his Tom Landry or Don Shula. And I cannot blame the man for trying.

But you cannot will a coach to greatness. They either posses the potential or they don't.
Kubiak takes a business like approach to running the whole organization. In a business, not only do you have to find the right people, but you've got to develop them as well. I'm sure it's that approach that endeared Kubiak to Bob's heart. Because it's something he understands, something he's done.

Kubiak built this organization on that model & looking on the past two seasons I'm sure Bob thinks it worked.

However, there are some differences between a football team & a Fortune 500 company. For one, Wall Street only wants to see improvement year over year. Beating estimates by $0.05 boosts investor confidence, & why not, you've got all the time in the world.

Football... you don't get that long. Careers are much shorter & finding that perfect mix of talent, chemistry, coaching needed to achieve that singular goal is difficult when you're dealing with free agency & the scavenging of coaching talent once you've demonstrated success. So when you get it right, you've got to take your shot.

This team needs to evolve, we're past expansion team, way past it. & they need to take that next step & stop acting like one. Not only the field, but from the very top all the way down. McNair's got to expect more than incremental improvement, Gary's got to demand the best from his staff & if they aren't able to deliver, he's got to find someone who can & Rick's got to get that salary cap thing figured out & figure out the trade thing & FA thing.