View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Don Banks: Kubiak appears to be out of answers

NFL Films did one of their "A Football Life" episodes on Shula this season. It was AMAZING.

I've always respected him, but never knew some of the details. He NEVER had a losing season in 33 years as a head coach in the NFL. That one blew my mind. (edit: just looked at wiki, and it says he had two losing seasons. NFL Films got that one wrong, but still very impressive record!)

I know Bob McNair wanted Kubiak to be his Tom Landry or Don Shula. And I cannot blame the man for trying.

But you cannot will a coach to greatness. They either posses the potential or they don't.

Kubiak gives me a Norv Turner vibe. Great coordinator, and competent enough to put together teams that can make playoff runs. But by the same token, they do not seem to have that so-called "it factor" that inspires teams to do great things.