View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #57
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coaching Leadership, would like to see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Yates or Keenum will likely not spark this 2-4 team into the playoffs. And I agree that Yates was put in a bad situation last week. Even so, your job as a backup is to be ready to play when the #1 goes down.

Yates stepped in and looked like Schaub in SF. He didn't go through progressions and he made terrible reads on his 2 INTs

I think whoever starts on Sunday is going to be in a very tough spot since KC's defense is pretty aggressive. Our game plan needs to get a lot more creative than what's we've been trotting out there if we even wanna contend.
Yates played scared, much like Schaub does. And playing scaredy-cat check-down ball in a painfully predictable scheme like ol' Coach Milquetoast's, well, you're going to get pick 6's left and right. Because the same checkdown to the flat receiver that Kubes calls for Schaub will be called for Yates. Believe in The System, people! The System! The System! The s y s t e m....

Meanwhile, Case may not have that same playing scared mentality because, let's face it, he was undrafted. No one REALLY thinks he can play at the pro level. He has nothing to lose and everything to gain. That makes him dangerous. In both a good and a bad way. And hell, I'll take flaming out in spectacular fashion with an undrafted 3rd stringer who will wing the ball 50 yards down field rather than death by a thousand paper cuts...or in this case, death by a thousand dink and dunk passes 4 yards behind the first down marker.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote