View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #238
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: These guys make millions playing a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I'm not shedding tears for Schaub...

But the idea that fans are victims is ludicrous. Nobody is twisting any fan's arm to buy tickets/beer. Not only that, but demand is still high... Your tickets and parking passes are valuable assets. So, anyone disappointed and surprised by this year's product can easily get a good return on the remaining tickets... I believe, also, that the Texan games are available on television for almost no money and you can buy a six pack of good beer for the price of one stadium beer.

I advise all discontent fans to be discerning consumers. It is actually not the fault of the NFL or McNair, but it is the fault of the fans that the tickets/parking passes/beer are priced what they are. Demand is high enough to justify it.
Who said fans are victims? We're simply saying they've paid their price and are free to voice their opinion without people questioning if they should be held "accountable". Speaking of which, how would you go about holding them accountable? Do you want the Texans to create some kind of gestapo that snatches up fans who boo or express a negative view towards their team?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote