View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #237
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: These guys make millions playing a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Well good for you,

And while I don't agree with cheering while someone is injured, I'm not going to say "fans need to be held accountable" either (speaking of which.. how do you want them to be held accountable?) or think it's somehow ironic that they aren't. Wrong or right, if you agree with or disagree with what they do.. the fans have paid their price and are entitled to express their opinion. You say fans are " under no obligation to continue to pay for the product".. That would be like me saying the players are under no obligation to continue playing if their little feelings get hurt by a couple of boos/cheers. Sorry, while it was in bad taste to cheer when Schaub went down, I'm not going to shed a tear when overpriced players who aren't meeting expectations are chastised by those paying their salaries.
I'm not shedding tears for Schaub...

But the idea that fans are victims is ludicrous. Nobody is twisting any fan's arm to buy tickets/beer. Not only that, but demand is still high... Your tickets and parking passes are valuable assets. So, anyone disappointed and surprised by this year's product can easily get a good return on the remaining tickets... I believe, also, that the Texan games are available on television for almost no money and you can buy a six pack of good beer for the price of one stadium beer.

I advise all discontent fans to be discerning consumers. It is actually not the fault of the NFL or McNair, but it is the fault of the fans that the tickets/parking passes/beer are priced what they are. Demand is high enough to justify it.